Friday, February 20, 2009

My Temp

I say the word "certainly" at least a thousand times at work every day, and most of the time I mean it. But sometimes I don't, and I'm slowly realizing that this is okay.

In the last few months I have taken a lot to heart, about love, about work, about writing, about who I am and where I want to be. And one of the hardest lessons I've had to learn is that nothing is certain.

At this point in my life I have already decided that I am not ready to settle down. So with this decision I have to expect a level of transience, for myself and for the other members of my generation. I have already faced the fact that in this economy, any job at all is better than the mire of unemployment in which many of my friends currently stuck. And now, I am coming to terms with becoming close with those whom I know are leaving town and probably not ever coming back.

I've had a great last few weeks getting to know Ryan, and I'm sad to see him go. But I'm excited for his amazing opportunity to cruise through the Panama Canal with Princess Cruises, and his enthusiasm and dedication to his work inspires me. And even though I will miss him, my brief time wtih him has reinforced my new-found philosophy that I should probably not plan too far past tomorrow's breakfast. So far it's working just fine.

And will I make it the yummiest, most satisfactory breakfast I can? Certainly!

No comments: