Monday, February 2, 2009
Red Line to Park Street
As I rode the train to work this morning, I watched the sun begin to peek out from behind the buildings of downtown Boston. The very base of the sky was a salmon pink, and then extended into a purple and then indigo blue until it met with the retreating night sky above. No one else on the train seemed to notice. Riding home I glanced back to see the lights twinkle in the darkness as we crossed the Charles back to Cambridge. I am still without a career-oriented job and money is still tight. But it's times like this, crossing the black water and looking out onto the skyline, that I realize I really love it here. I love this city.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Every time I cross the Charles on the Red Line, I always look out across the river at the skyline. It amazes me that so many people not reading a book or having a conversation with someone sit and stare at the floor instead of admiring the view.
Thanks for the comment at Diesel, Kate! I didn't even realize I had comments on my blog disabled; I need to fix that.
I like your blog, too; you're a writer, apparently? (I'd like to thank my friends & family for this Captain Obvious award.) Hope to see you at Diesel sometime, I'm always up for batting around plot & character ideas.
Post a Comment