Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dawn of the Deadbolt

I've officially decided to abandon my writing aspirations and am working on a new movie set to come out this Halloween. I know, that's not very much time to get backers, cast, shoot, and edit a whole movie. But the idea is so rich there's no way I won't end up the same.

And because you're my faithful readers, I thought I'd give you a sneak peak:

"In a world where flesh-eating zombies rule the streets, one woman will dare to fight back the only way she can: by locking the door."

Cut to little old lady in a rocker, sewing, a zombie through the window about to open her door, and she nonchalantly reaches up and locks the door without missing a stitch. The zombie shakes its head and walks away.

"She's kind of slow, but they're slower."

Cut to old lady doing a crossword puzzle in an easy chair, while behind her, out the window, a man with a baseball bat is chasing a zombie around.

"They might have an incurable thirst for blood, but she has an incurable thirst for soup."

Cut to old lady eating tomato soup at her kitchen table while behind her, out the window, a zombie is feasting on a leg.

"This Halloween, they won't die. They won't be sated. But they will shy away from a lock. If you only see one movie this Halloween season, see Dawn of the Deadbolt. This film is not yet rated."

1 comment:

Brian Hamilton said...

Sign me up for the part of the zombie.